Current UCSB Student Enrollment:
Please note that once the summer quarter begins, students can no longer create a summer quarter in GOLD; contact firstname.lastname@example.org to create your summer quarter.
You are considered a continuing student if you were enrolled in courses in the Spring Quarter. This includes EAP students. Students who have declared degree candidacy for the Spring quarter are no longer considered UCSB students for the Summer term. You may un-declare your Spring degree candidacy and re-declare for the Summer term to be considered a UCSB student. Doing so does not stop you from participating in Spring Commencement.
Returning UCSB Student Enrollment:
1. Fill out and submit the online application.
2. Wait for an approval email from the Registrar's Office (this may take up to 72 hours).
3. Log into GOLD.
4. Select 'Registration Info.'
5. Choose Summer 2020. You will be able to open your summer quarter and enroll in summer courses according to your pass time.
6. Check to make sure that you have completed all registration steps found here.
If you are an international student who is returning to UCSB after an absence or dismissal, click here for instructions on how to request a UCSB Summer Sessions I-20 document before beginning your summer application.
Applications open February 10th.
Education Abroad Program (EAP) students returning from one or more quarters abroad are considered continuing students and can simply use GOLD to register for the Summer term.
Newly Admitted Graduate Student Enrollment:
Please fill out this online application to begin the process of enrolling this summer
Applications open March 17th