If you are a UC Santa Barbara student with a primary residence outside of the United States and you have not been enrolled in courses for one or more quarters OR if you are visiting student from a different university/college outside of the United States, please follow the steps below to enroll in summer courses.
Students can request a new initial I-20 if you plan to enter the United States in Summer 2021. Per the temporary COVID-19 immigration guidance, you will only be permitted to enter if you are registered in at least one in-person course. If you are eligible and would like to request an I-20, please contact the Office of International Students & Scholars directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter "Summer Sessions I-20 Request for In-Person Class" into the subject line to alert OISS to prioritize the request.
1. Fill out and submit the online application. Please note that you will need to sign up for an account in order to complete a summer enrollment application.
2. Wait for an approval email from the Office of Summer Sessions (students should expect to receive this email within 3 business days).
3. Log in to GOLD.
4. Select "Registration Info".
5. You will be able to enroll in summer courses according to your pass time. As a returning student, your first pass time is April 23 at 9AM (PDT).
6. Review these registration steps to ensure you've completed them all.