If you are a UC Santa Barbara Student and you were enrolled in courses during the Spring Quarter, then you are considered a continuing student (this includes EAP students returning from one or more quarters abroad). As a continuing UCSB student, you can enroll in summer courses through GOLD by following the steps below.
1. Log in to GOLD.
2. Select "Registration Info".
3. Choose Summer 2021. You will be able to open your Summer Quarter and enroll in summer courses according to your pass time.
Please note that once the Summer Quarter begins, students can no longer create a Summer Quarter in GOLD. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance creating your quarter.
If you have declared degree candidacy for Spring Quarter, you will not be able to enroll in summer courses as a UC Santa Barbara student. If you intend to enroll in courses over the summer to finish your degree, change your candidacy to Summer Quarter in GOLD. This will allow you to enroll in courses, and it will not preclude you from participating in the spring commencement ceremonies.
If you are a UC Santa Barbara student who has not been enrolled in courses for one or more quarters, you are defined as a returning student. Follow the steps below to enroll in summer courses.
Applications open on February 1, 2021
1. Fill out and submit the online application. Please note that you will need to sign up for an account in order to complete a summer enrollment application.
2. Wait for an approval email from the Office of Summer Sessions (students should expect to receive this email within 3 business days).
3. Log in to GOLD.
4. Select "Registration Info".
5. Choose Summer 2021. You will be able to open your Summer Quarter and enroll in summer courses according to your pass time.
6. Review these registration steps to ensure you've completed them all.
If you are an international student who is returning to UCSB after an absence or dismissal, click here for registration information.